Monday, February 20, 2012

Salon and the City

I love word of mouth advertising. It means a lot to find out that my clients, friends and family support my dreams everywhere they go. Word of mouth is how I got hired to shoot for this amazing beauty salon called Salon and the City.
I was meant to shoot the stylists and the the general shop, which I figured was going to be fine. Always be ready for the unexpected right? Well the day before my slave flash decided to "retire" and I was left without my "trusty" flash. Oh well. My mantra has always been "work with what you have, and the shoot turned out incredible!


To say that the location was an artists dream is an understatement! Once you walk through the doors, you are greeted with hardwood floors, elegant sofas, full length mirrors and classy(and comfortable) Salon chairs. Tons of things for me to take images! After we had the chance we went back and shot the stylists and they might as well have been models! If you've read my previous posts, you will see a previous shoot I did with Angela and she's a natural!


The flash was irrelevant at this point, since the lighting inside this cozy salon was incredible. After the shoot was over, my assistant/wife got the greatest gift from them. We were in the process of planning our wedding at that time and they offered to do her hair and make-up as a thank you for our work!!!! And yes, my wife is now a loyal customer!


They truly are a great team there and their work is absolutely amazing! If you ever need a great hair-stylist make sure to check them out. You will not be disappointed. I also shot Angela later and those images came out great as well! 


Stay tuned for that post as well as others coming your way. 
Thanks for all the support. It's deeply appreciated.
See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment